Thursday, February 17, 2022

Mexico City Diablos Dynamic Baseball Reference


Mexico City Diablos Dynamic Baseball Reference

I finally got around to making something useful out of the intensive work I did over the holidays of capturing every Diablo hitting stats through season 42. I through this simple report together, I think I got all the formulas on point. Every hitting stat is captured and viewable in reporting format, even the obscure HBP, so you can see who the true hot-heads were. Here in this view below its currently sorted by OPS. The plan is to eventually see if this is deployable and therefore accessible for you all to view and filter away. Of course it will probably only be fun if its your team you can are looking at huh. If you want this done for your team let me know I will show you how =P. I will probably do Diablos pitching before I think of doing another team. But this could easily be expanded to other teams if we had the data and we could add a Team Filter. All free via the magic of Google Sheets and Power Bi(free too). In the meantime, I will see what other visuals I can create with this data. If you have something in mind let me know in the chat.



 


Update: If you want to capture the stats yourself go to:
  • World >> Stats/Awards >> Player Statistics 
  • Copy all stats from the "Totals View", 
  • Switch to the Extended View and Copy as far right as BH, anything after that is useless. 
  • Also be sure to capture the Player ID which you might have to extract from the player link which should be copied over automatically. That ID is what is needed for the unique player identifier. 
  • Also add a column for season number. That should be all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment